Purina Omolene #300 Growth Horse Feed
by Purina Horse Feed
For foals and lactating mares being fed with their foals . . . Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed contains the Purina®Amplify® Nugget, a patented, high-fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile. It also contains a blend of amino acids and polysaccharides as found in mare's milk for optimal muscle growth and bone development in foals. Omolene #300® Horse Feed also provides additional protein and calorie requirements for lactating mares.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Lactating mares, suckling foals and weanlings
- Patented, high fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice brand for an optimal fatty acid profile.
|Fortified with Milk Components|
- A blend of amino acids and polysaccharides as found in mare's milk for optimal muscle growth and bone development in foals. Also provides additional protein and calorie requirements for lactating mares.
|Vitamins and Minerals|
- Provides 100% of the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed* so no additional supplements are necessary. *Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition – 2007” published by the National Research Council.
- Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed is an incredibly palatable diet which is excellent for horses who are picky eaters.
|Natural Whole Grains|
- Nutrient and calorie dense blend of natural whole grains for lower feeding rates and less risk of digestive upset. Whole grains are a natural source of antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber.
- Blended molasses help to prevent bricking in the winter and drying out in the summer.
|Healthier Hair Coat|
- Contains balanced nutrition and added vegetable oil to promote a shiny coat and healthy skin.
|Feed with Hay or Pasture|
- Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed is designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture.
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System|
- The FeedGuard® Nutrition System is one of the industry’s most innovative and exacting quality assurance programs. FeedGuard®Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professionals demand every day.
|COPPER (CU)|| MIN||60||PPM|
Omolene #300® Growth horse feed
| ||- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||7.0||9.50||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #300® Horse Feed||7.50||10.00||12.50||15.00||17.50|
| ||- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Weaned Foal Through Yearling||300||400||500||600||700|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||3.00||4.00||6.00||7.00||8.50|
|Omolene #300® Horse Feed***||7.25-7.75||7.50-8.50||7.00-9.25||7.50-9.50||7.75-10.00|
*These recommendations are based on the mare eating the minimum recommended amount of hay per day of 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of
body weight. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Omolene #300® Horse Feed by 1.0 lbs for every additional 2.0 lbs of hay fed.
EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 16 lbs of hay to a 1,000 lb lactating mare, reduce Omolene #300® Horse Feed offered by 2.0
lbs from 12.5 to 10.5 lbs per day (4 lbs of additional hay divided by 2.0 lbs = 2.0 lbs less of Omolene #300® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.5 lbs of Omolene #300® Horse Feed per 100 lbs of body weight per day for lactating mares. EXAMPLE: 5.0 lbs
for 1000 lb horse. Do not feed less than 1 lb of Omolene #300® Horse Feed per 100 lbs of body weight per day for weanlings. EXAMPLE: 6.0
lbs for 600 lb horse. If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #300® Horse Feed
with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32® Horse Supplement.
***Adjust amount fed by 10% to achieve the desired growth rates. Increase feed offered by 10% for more rapid growth rates and
decrease by 10% for more moderate growth rates.
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program